What is 5G?
5G Technology is the term used to describe the next-generation of mobile networks beyond the 4G LTE mobile networks. Simply 5G is the fifth generation of cellular networking – especially for 5G Mobile Phones.
- One to 10Gbps connections to end points in the field
- One millisecond end-to-end round trip delay
- 1000x bandwidth per unit area
- 10 to 100x number of connected devices
- (Perception of) 99.999 percent availability
- (Perception of) 100 percent coverage
- 90 percent reduction in network energy usage
- Up to ten-year battery life for low power, machine-type devices
When is 5G coming?
As 5G is still in development phase, and we could see commercial 5G mobile phones in the early 2020. In September 2016, China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology announced that the government-led 5G Phase-1 tests of key wireless technologies for future 5G networks were completed with satisfactory results.
Future of 5G – Future of mobile network
Notable advancements in 5G technologies have come from Nokia, Qualcomm, Samsung, Ericsson and BT, with growing numbers of companies. They forming 5G partnerships and pledging money to continue to research into 5G and its application. Also Nokia and Ericcson have created 5G platforms aiming 5G mobile phones. Here 5G could account for as many as 1.4 billion connections by 2025. And 5G is more than a new generation of technologies.
5G is predicted to exploit smart applications, cloud storage, and provide dramatically reduced latency, not to mention virtual and augmented reality apps response and reloading times. So 5G will be the future of cellular networks andbroadband networks as well.