Short Inspirational Stories
We all get motivated when we read short inspirational stories. I’m gonna list out a few inspiring stories here. Some of them are real life stories.
Best 5 Short Inspirational Stories from my collection
1. The Tale of two pebblesThe tale of two pebbles Inspiring story teaches us to handle a difficult situation wisely to make a difference in our life.
Many hundreds of years ago in a small Italian town, a merchant had the misfortune of owing a large sum of money to a moneylender. The moneylender, who was old and ugly, fancied the merchant’s beautiful daughter so he proposed a bargain. He said that he would forgo the merchant’s debt if he could marry the daughter. Both the merchant and his daughter were horrified by the proposal. The moneylender told them that he would put a black pebble and a white pebble into an empty bag. The girl would then have to pick one pebble from the bag. If she picked the black pebble, she would become the moneylender’s wife and father’s debt would be forgiven. If she picked the white pebble she need not marry him and her father’s debt would still be forgiven. But if she refused to pick a pebble her father would be thrown into jail. They were standing on a pebble strewn path in the merchant’s garden. As they talked, the moenylender bent over to pick up two pebbles. As he picked them up, the sharp-eyed girl noticed that he had picked up two black pebble and put them into the bag. He then asked the girl to pick her pebble from the bag. Following are the three options that the girl can do normally: 1. Refuse to take a pebble. 2. Show that there were two black pebbles in the bag and expose the moneylender as a cheat. 3. Take the black pebble and sacrifice herself in order to save her father from his debt and imprisonment. Interestingly, here is what she did. The girl put her hand in to the bag and drew out a pebble. without looking at it, she fumbled and let it fall onto the pebble strewn path where it immediately mixed and lost among the other pebbles. “Oh, how clumsy of me,” she said, “But never mind, if you look into the bag for the one that is left, you will be able to tell which pebble I picked.” Since the remaining pebble is black, it must be assumed that she had picked the white one. Since the moneylender dared not admit his dishonesty, the girl changed what seemed an impossible situation into an an advantageous one.
Moral of the StoryMost complex problems do have a solution, sometimes we have to think about them in a different way. The story is used with the hope that it will make us appreciate the difference between lateral and logical thinking. Never give up. Always believe in yourself. There’s always a way.
Click to Read: DONKEY IN THE WELL A TRUE INSPIRATIONAL STORY
2. The Power of words – Two Frog Short storyThe Two frog inspiring story teaches us bad effect of negative words in our life. A group of frogs were traveling through the woods, and two of them fell into a deep pit. When the other frogs saw how deep the pit was, they told the two frogs that they were as good as dead. The two frogs ignored the comments and tried to jump up out of the pit with all their might. The other frogs kept telling them to stop, that they were as good as dead. Finally, one of the frogs took heed to what the other frogs were saying and gave up. He fell down and died. The other frog continued to jump as hard as he could. Once again, the crowd of frogs yelled at him to stop the pain and just die. He jumped even harder and finally made it out. When he got out, the other frogs said, “Did you not hear us?” The frog explained to them that he was deaf. He thought they were encouraging him the entire time.
Moral of the StoryPeople’s words can have a big effect on other’s lives. Think about what you say before it comes out of your mouth. It might just be the difference between life and death. Don’t listen to negative words. Always believe in yourself. You can do if you believe.
Click to Read : The Ruby Stone Inspirational Story
3. Little Things can make a big difference.If you think small things don’t matter, think of the last game you lost by one point. There was a man taking a morning walk at the beach. He saw that along with the morning tide came hundreds of starfish and when the tide receded, they were left behind and with the morning sun rays, they would die. The tide was fresh and the starfish were alive. The man took a few steps, picked one and threw it into the water. He did that repeatedly. Right behind him there was another person who couldn’t understand what this man was doing. He caught up with him and asked, “What are you doing? There are hundreds of starfish. How many can you help? What difference does it make?” Follow @selectoday This man did not reply, took two more steps, picked up another one, threw it into the water, and said, “It makes a difference to this one.”
Moral of the StoryWe should not think about the effectiveness when we do good things. We should do our part to make our self better and it will definitely make at least a little difference. Appreciate the little things
Click to Read : STORY OF POTATOES, EGGS, AND COFFEE BEANS
4. Sage and Student Story – Focus and ConcentrateThe Sage and Student story teaches us the importance of focus and concentration in our life. An ancient Indian sage was teaching his disciples the art of archery. He put a wooden bird as the target and asked them to aim at the eye of the bird. The first disciple was asked to describe what he saw. He said, “I see the trees, the branches, the leaves, the sky, the bird and its eye..” The sage asked this disciple to wait. Then he asked the second disciple the same question and he replied, “I only see the eye of the bird.” The sage said, “Very good, then shoot.” The arrow went straight and hit the eye of the bird.
Moral of the StoryUnless we focus, we cannot achieve our goal. It is hard to focus and concentrate, but it is a skill that can be learned. Concentration is the secret of strength. Concentrate all your works upon the work on hand, you will succeed. Click to Read : 10 Self Motivation Tips
5. The Lark Feather Story – The Easier Way May Actually Be the Tougher WayThe Lark Feather story teaches us that importance of doing our work to make our life better. Once there was a lark singing in the forest. A farmer came by with a box full of worms. The lark stopped him and asked, “What do you have in the box and where are you going?” The farmer replied that he had worms and that he was going to the market to trade them for some feathers. The lark said, “I have many feathers. I will pluck one and give it to you and that will save me looking for worms.” The farmer gave the worms to the lark and the lark plucked a feather and gave it in return. The next day the same thing happened and the day after and on and on until a day came that the lark had no more feathers. Now it couldn’t fly and hunt for worms. It started looking ugly and stopped singing and very soon it died.
Moral of the StoryThe moral is quite clear what the lark thought was an easy way to get food turned out to be the tougher way after all. Isn’t the same thing true in our lives? Many times we look for the easier way, which really ends up being the tougher way.
Click to Read : Ten Tips To Develop ConcentrationFollow @selectoday
Best Ten J. K. Rowling Quotes J. K. Rowling is a British novelist, screenwriter and film producer best known as…
Jim Rohn Quotes Jim Rohn was an American entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker. His rags to riches story played a…
Steve Jobs famous Quotes steve Jobs, American businessman, born on February 24, 1955. He was an American information technology entrepreneur…