Recently OnePlus mobile phone users got latest Oxygen OS update for thier devices. But it seems like its not well for users who got the latest update for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 3/3T. Oxygen OS 5.1.8 latest Oxygen update for the OnePlus 6 was aimed to fix some issues reported in the Oxygen OS 5.1.6 update the previous release version, but its went well.
- After the latest update many users have started complaining on the OnePlus forums that their OnePlus 6 started to lose battery at a very high rate after the phone was updated to Oxygen OS 5.1.8.
- Some users complaining that thier device had shut down with 50% battery charge level after the latest Oxygen update.
- It would seem that the screen of the device is consuming more battery than usual and it has reduced the battery life of the device to nearly half for some users.
- The above mentioned problem is not only limited to the latest OnePlus 6 device and it would seem that even the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T users are finding problems with their battery.
- As per a report by Gizmochina, users have said that both the devices are operating at reduced battery life and also that both the OnePlus 3/3T are not giving the usual battery low warning at 15 percent. The bug is said to be due to the most recent Oxygen OS 5.1.3 update.
OnePlus normally brings improvements to thier HydrogenOS, its operating system in China, before bringing it to Oxygen OS and the latest version of HydrogenOS. As per the latest report by GSMArena, HydrogenOS 5.1.10 deals with a number of issues including problems with somatosensory gestures and the battery drain issue. And it is seems to finally fix a battery drain issue with the OnePlus 6.