The new Yamaha R15 v3.0 features a complete redesign from Yamaha but continuing the same R15 level of dynamics over high performance. The new Yamaha R15 v3.0 is 815mm tall seat now. Other than the clip-ons, which now feel lower, the low-set footpegs are comfortable. The new fully digital instrument cluster is large and easy to read on the go.
- The R15 v3.0 gets a new and slightly larger 155cc liquid-cooled four-valve motor with more performance in the low range.
- It comes with Variable Valve Actuation (VVA) that changes valve lift post 7400rpm for better top-end grunt. This allows engineers to run two valve timings: one for better low-speed grunt and one for better top-end.
- The larger sprocket which further boosts in-gear acceleration times.
- The softer front suspension soaks up bad road surfaces well while the rear suspension seems to be a bit too reactive and bouncy over bumps and potholes.
- A sharper rake and shorter trail make the front end sharper than before. Turn-ins are quick and effortless and overall stability through smooth corners is excellent.
- The optional rear Metzeler Sportec M7 radial tyre offers fantastic grip in all conditions and is worth the premium.