10 Advantages and Disadvantages of Security Locks in Smartphones
1. Smart locks are no doubt really convenient.A part from all the advantages mentioned above, smart locks also have some disadvantages.
2. These locks, in fact, allow exclusive access only to authorized people and everything is handled via smartphones.The most striking problem for those models operating with smartphones, is linked to the possibility of not being able to open the door when the battery of the smartphone is down.
3. The key hole is replaced by the bio metric reader or a smartphone detection unit.This kind of inconvenience is pretty relevant, and it would never happen with a conventional lock.
4. With a smartphone, waiting for things becomes less of a pain because you can keep yourself entertained; for example, you can read the news, play games, listen to music or watch a movie.Phones can be addictive and spending too much time on them can make you socially isolated from the real world. You should avoid becoming obsessed with constantly checking it.
5. Complaining about products and services becomes a whole lot easier when you can do it through Twitter and Facebook on your smartphone.Overuse of smartphones has led to the development of a smartphone etiquette. There are certain social situations where it is just not acceptable to have a phone.
6. Having a smartphone makes it much more convenient to check your email, social media or even you bank account while on the go. Need to look at your bank balance before making a purchase? Not a problem.You will lose your smartphone. Several times a day. You all leave it in the car, at the office, down the side of the sofa, under the duvet. Donat worry, it turns up all usually.
7. With a smartphone, youare no longer going to get in hot water using your companyas computer to chat with your friends whilst you are at work. Instead, you can keep your conversations away from the businessas network, protect your privacy and stay within your employeras IT usage policy.Smartphones are expensive. If you just have to have the latest all singing, all dancing model then you will be paying either a large sum to buy the phone outright or quite a bit for your monthly contract.
8. With so many public Wi-Fi hotspots popping up, smartphones enable you to cut down your reliance on your phone network to get connected. This means you can do more surfing without the need to eat into your data allowance. Do be careful though, not all hotspots are secure.There are security risks with smartphones. If your phone does not have an adequate, password protected, screen lock, then all this information is at risk.
9. Smartphones can be great for drivers. You can use smartphone apps, like Google Maps, as Satnavs, helping you get to your destination and avoid traffic jams. You can even connect your phone to your caras audio system and blast out your favorite tunes whilst youare driving.Hello, burglar, Iam on holiday! There are some apps that allow friends to track your location using your phone and if their phone gets stolen, itas easy for the thieves to find out that you are away from home.
10. If you are out and about looking for something to do, smartphones can be the ideal tool to find the perfect entertainment or restaurant.Smartphones are not indestructible or childproof. Besides falling down the toilet, the biggest problem we tend to have is dropping them and the result is often a smashed screen.